Wednesday 11 May 2011

Tuning in to kids

Last night I started a new 8 week course called "Tuning in to kids".  It's about emotional intelligence in our kids, so I think it's going to be interesting...... and certainly a "learning" experience for me, as I really don't pay much attention to their emotions - that is unless they're kicking and screaming, which I must say, luckily, isn't too often.

I think it's certainly going to encourage me to address their emotions when they show them, so that will be a good thing, as altough I'm a pretty emotion person myself, I don't really "do" other people's emotions very well.  I mean hey, I can listen to a friend in need, no worries, but as far as my husband and kids and the everyday emotions they show.... everyday..... yeh - not so good at doing that!

So - if you know anything about emotional intelligence, or can give me some handy hints, let me know.... I'd love to hear from you!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment