Friday 6 May 2011

I know why mums are mad....

Yep - I've figured it out..... why all mums feel crazy (well, this one does anyway, and I"m sure I"m not alon).

Try this for an hour....

"Morning darling - you have an hour till School, so you need to get dressed, finish your spelling list, read your home reader to me, and eat breakfast so daddy can get you to dancing on time"

Please eat.  Please get dressed.  Please finish your homework.  And where's your reader?

Ok, you really need to finish your b'fast - you've had half an hour - it's only 2 pieces of toast, after all...... then finish homework and get dressed...... I don't think you want to go to School in your PJs.  You can read your book to daddy in the car.

Right, b'fast is over.  That's it, bad luck.  You've had long enough.  Homework now please.

Now, get dressed or do your homework.  I don't care which, just choose one.  NOW!

That's it, you're going to School in your PJs.  Put whatever homework you've done into your School bag you can explain why it's not done to your teacher.

GET DRESSED - You've got 7 mins till Daddy leaves.... and if you want to go to dancing at School you need to go with Daddy, as I'm not taking you.

HAIR. IT'S FRIDAY - WHERE'S YOUR LIBRARY BOOK?  GET IN THE CAR!

STOP SCREAMING - I don't have time to be gentle with your hair - you left it too late I can't play silly games or you go to School with a mop on your head!  STAND STILL!

Right - Get in the car! Go.  Just go."


And that was this morning in our house....... ARGH!!!  It's not even 8am!

Let's hope your morning was calmer than mine!

I love it.  You feel like this, and a councilor says "if you don't like harping, then just don't do it.  Just don't harp and if they go to School in their PJs with messy hair and no homework, so be it.  Bet they won't do it again!"
Easier said than done, I'm afraid!  But food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment