Friday 6 May 2011

Time

You know what I think a lot of the problem is these days - we don't give our kids time.  They have activities, they have toys, they have friends over...... but when do they get to just play?  And when do we make time to just play with them.  No plans - just a day at home to play.  Their games. Their rules. Their personality.

I took the time to do that today, with my son.  And I haven't laughed so much in a very long time.  I think at one stage we were both crying with laughter.

I think I'll do that tomorrow with my darling girl.  We need to reconnect since school went back.  It's only been a week, but oh how we miss time together after spending 16 days camping with just our family. 

So make time to play.  It's all kids really want, truth be known.

No comments:

Post a Comment