Wednesday 3 September 2014

Today I went to my local Primary School for a "3 year strategy Planning" meeting.  It was put out to all parents in the School (and there are around 200-250 families I believe), and only 7 mums turned up!  Yep - you could count them on 2 hands.... 7!  Just SEVEN!

I couldn't believe it!  I know it was 2.30pm, so the timing might have meant some were at work, but I also know for a fact that there are more than 7 non-working parents at the School as well.

Wouldn't you think that something like that would be important to anyone with kids under year 6 this year?  I mean unless your child is leaving the School at the end of 2014 then your child would be effected by what is planned for the school in the next 3 years!!!

I was just really disheartened and saddened for the School, teachers and principal.  They were trying to do the right thing by including the community in the planning process, so how disappointing and discouraging would it have been for them to see only 7 faces in the hall?

And I can promise you one thing - there will be more than 7 parents that make complaints in the next 3 years about the School programming, that's for sure. 

Anyway, that's my rant for today.  If you agree, or have an opinion on this topic - feel free to comment!  I'd love to hear from you.

#parenting #parent #school #publicschool

No comments:

Post a Comment